Indiana University School of Medicine
Residency, Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
Indiana University Medical Center
Internship, General Surgery – 1992
University of Utah School of Medicine
Brigham Young University
B.S., Zoology, 1986
Ogden, UT – 2012 to Present
Ogden Ear, Nose, & Throat
Ogden, UT – 1995 - 2012
Meet Dr. Douglas Anderson
Douglas Anderson was born and raised in Northern Utah, obtaining his undergraduate education from Brigham Young University. He went to The University of Utah for his medical training then completed a General Surgery internship at Indiana University Medical Center. Delicate surgery is a special interest of Dr. Anderson’s, so he continued his education in 1995 and completed an additional fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery from Indiana University. Dr. Anderson is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy and enjoys helping patients manage various types of allergies at his allergy clinic in Ogden.
Dr. Anderson is an active member of the community and has served as President of the Ogden Surgical-Medical Society, President of the Utah Otolaryngology Society, and President of the medical staff at Ogden Regional Medical Center, where he was also Chief of the surgery department for several years.
A Few of Dr. Anderson’s Clinical Interests Are:
- Allergy Testing: Dr. Anderson and his staff perform testing, immunotherapy, and other solutions in his Ogden allergy clinic.
- Head and neck surgery: Dr. Anderson addresses ENT problems that require surgical intervention including tonisllectomy, adenoidectomy, thyroid surgery, mass removal, and rhinoplasty.
- Rhinoplasty: Dr. Anderson enjoys performing nose reconstruction or rhinoplasty in Ogden to improve respiratory function and other concerns.
- Sleep apnea treatment: Dr. Anderson is one of the only physicians in the area offering Inspire Sleep Apnea therapy. Inspire is an implantable device that gives patients freedom from the traditional CPAP therapy.
- Chronic sinusitis: Anderson offers in-office balloon sinuplasty, a faster and less invasive solution for chronic sinusitis.
You can find a team of supporting staff in Dr. Anderson’s office as well. At Ogden Clinic’s Professional Center, Dr. Anderson works closely with a board-certified Audiologist and a Speech Pathologist who treats voice and swallow disorders. For whatever ails your ears, nose, or throat, Dr. Anderson and his ENT team can help, from rhinoplasty to hearing aids in Ogden, we know what to do.
In his free time, Dr. Anderson enjoys trail running, traveling with his family, and cheering on the Utah Jazz. He’s fluent in Spanish and sees patients of all ages including pediatrics. To schedule a visit with him, call (801) 475-3070 or request an appointment here.